Re: [Chicken-users] can't get phoghorn running

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] can't get phoghorn running
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:26:41 +0200

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:11:04PM +0200, Markus Klotzbuecher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to try the phoghorn image gallery generator, but I just
> can't get the egg compiled. It fails because it can't find the epeg
> library and "epeg-config". I can't find it either, not as a debian
> package nor as sources on the net.
>
> Is the epeg code still developed?

No, epeg is dead, even more dead than imlib2.  I think the current
replacement library from the E project for both these libraries
is the "evas" library.  I had plans to convert phoghorn to evas
someday (and make an evas egg), but I don't currently use phoghorn
anymore.

> From looking at the phoghorn code it seems that imlib2 is also
> supported. Could it be used with the latter only?

I think you could easily hack out the epeg bits; imlib2 supports
jpeg as well, I think.

Cheers,
Peter
--