Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] chicken-belt 0.0.6: Introducing chicken-hatch

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] chicken-belt 0.0.6: Introducing chicken-hatch
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 00:19:10 -0300

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Moritz Heidkamp <address@hidden> wrote:
Fellow Chickeneers,

I would like to announce version 0.0.6 of the chicken-belt egg. The main
novelty is the chicken-hatch program which should come in handy when
creating new eggs. It interactively asks for a few things such as egg
category (by presenting a list to choose from - this should hopefully
reduce the use of invalid egg categories) and generates a skeleton egg
directory from that. Its feature set is currently very minimal but I
hope it's already somewhat useful!

Fantastic :)I've had this idea before, but ideas are worth nothing unless implemented.

Can we run it under an existing directory? If, for instance, we have a program we'd like to "eggfy".

-- Stephen

"Kids these days.
Whatever happened to hard work?"

       -- Joel Spolsky, The perils of javaschools