Re: [Chicken-users] zmq egg needs updating

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] zmq egg needs updating
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:29:20 +0200

Hi Shaun,

Shaun Bruner <address@hidden> writes:

> I was just noticing that the zmq egg still uses xreq and xrep socket types.
> The zeromq api has changed these to 'dealer' and 'router', respectively in
> the latest releases.

interesting, somebody else asked about the exact same thing the other
day :-)

> Does Moritz still maintain the egg? I'd be happy to help maintain it if
> that's preferred or needed.

Well, "maintain" is probably saying too much. I don't currently use the
egg myself and thus it's on my low priority list. Jim has a fork with
some changes and David intends to use it in his next project so perhaps
it would make sense to coordinate efforts through the ML or the IRC
channel. I'll gladly accept patches, I'd even move the code to Bitbucket
to make it easier to work on if you prefer!

Thanks!
Moritz