[Chicken-users] Emacs and Chicken on Windows

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: [Chicken-users] Emacs and Chicken on Windows
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:06:20 -0700

Perhaps of some interest is the work I've put into my Emacs scripts for Chicken.

I've had consistent problems with SLIME and Chicken on Windows, which may or may not be the result of my (heavily) modified Emacs environment. Moreover, on my Ubuntu netbook SLIME is just a little too sluggish for my tastes; when all I really want is auto-complete completions as I type away on a shaky bus ride.

As such, I wrote some scripts to use chicken-status and csi to produce a list of available bindings from your installed modules and the base chicken environment, and it in turn produces an auto-complete source. It also provides font-locking for these symbols.

Anyhow, more info is on the wiki:
http://wiki.call-cc.org/dans-custom-emacs

Likewise, I occasionally do some work on Eggs which involves a lot of intermixed C and Scheme in the same source file. Here's my (ugly) multi-mode hack to do C and Scheme major modes in the same buffer:
http://wiki.call-cc.org/emacs-multi-mode

Thanks for Chicken!
-Dan