Re: [Chicken-users] Deployment test failure (latest sources, FreeBSD)

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Deployment test failure (latest sources, FreeBSD)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:21:35 +0100

* Vitaly Magerya <address@hidden> [111120 19:26]:
> >> So, is this a known issue? If not, how do I diagnose it further?
> >
> > -deploy is known to be broken for NetBSD and OpenBSD. Does FreeBSD
> > support the $ORIGIN setting for RPATH?
>
> It appears that it does, but you need to additionally pass "-z origin"
> to the linker. For example deploying like this seems to work:
>
>     csc -deploy -L "-z origin" <sources>
>
> > Maybe this test should be skipped on BSDs...
>
> Actually, judging by the man pages [1-2] NetBSD and OpenBSD may
> require the same trick. This needs to be tested though.

I have also tried it with the attached patch, that should give the
correct flags, maybe we are still missing something...

Does the patch improve the situation for you? It is against master's
csc.scm of my development repo but I don't think it is different
from the master repo at call-cc.org.

HTH,

Christian

--
"What's the first thing you think about when you wake up?" asked
Piglet. "I wonder what's for breakfast" said Pooh.