Re: [Chicken-users] [4.7.0.3-st] Compiling on Solaris 10

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [4.7.0.3-st] Compiling on Solaris 10
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:34:24 +0900

Hello Mario,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 20:05, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:10:10 +0900 Nicolas Pelletier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Note on the /bin/true part: README is lying ;-) There is no bootstrap
>> compiler included in the stable releases (1st lie), and there is no
>> pre-compiled bootstrap compiler to be downloaded from the Chicken site
>> (2nd lie).
>
> I don't get the 1st lie.  What section mentions that?

I am refering to the secion "6. Bootstrapping" in README:

    make PLATFORM=<platform> CHICKEN=<path-to-existing-chicken> boot-chicken

When I read this, I thought "path-to-existing-chicken" meant there was
an existing chicken included, which is not the case. On re-reading, I
am not sure this is what was meant... but telling the user to point to
an existing chicken when they are trying to bootstrap is certainly
confusing.

> The second lie has been fixed in the chicken-core git repository.

That was fast! Thank you!

--
Nicolas