Re: [Chicken-users] gmake check fails on OpenBSD 5.0

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] gmake check fails on OpenBSD 5.0
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 19:08:20 -0500

On Nov 4, 2011, at 1:37 PM, Pekka Niiranen wrote:

Hi Pekka.

> port->fileno...FAIL [ 8 ]
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pekka/compile/chicken-'
> gmake: *** [check] Error 2
> I commented out the following two lines from "port-tests.scm"
>       (check (port->fileno out))
>       (check (port->fileno in))

You found the correct solution--the test is erroneous.  The fix was applied to
the stability branch in commit 6097b12 after the release.

> and the test sequence continued up to the next error:
> starting with 1232 symbols
> interning 10000 symbols ...
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This one I am not sure of, we will have to look into it.  I assume this is
occurring only on OpenBSD; I don't know if it's been fixed in the master branch.

In the meantime I created a ticket for you: