Re: [Chicken-users] c-string return question

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] c-string return question
Date: 13 Oct 2011 22:18:11 +0200

On Oct 13 2011, Alan Post wrote:

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 02:46:30PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
Alan Post scripsit:

> It does make the routine non-reentrant.  Does that matter here?

I don't see how.  This routine is called from Chicken, and the string
gets copied into a Chicken string right away.

I suppose you might want to shut off interrupts.

Right!  I was laboring under the illusion of posix threads.

Hm, I'm working in the presence of posix threads; just until now
there is only one chicken thread for me.

Which might change, as I said.

But shutting off interrupts is totally irrelevant here.
We are talking about the generated code as seen within the C function.
interrupts are checked at their begin.