Re: [Chicken-users] A fix for parallel build (gmake -j)

From: Vitaly Magerya
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A fix for parallel build (gmake -j)
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 15:29:06 +0300

Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Should I try to adopt the patch from ticket 526 to the latest sources
>> and repeat the test? I will if this will push the things forward (this
>> will happen tomorrow though).
> I'd suggest the patch from ticket 526, since it's been tested a little
> on Linux and MacOSX, AFAIK.

The patch from ticket 526 updated to the latest sources is at [1].

Building from scratch (including boot-chicken) works fine with -j8 on
my machine (FreeBSD 8.2 amd64). The tests also pass with the resulting

Parallel installation however doesn't work; when NEEDS_RELINKING is
"yes" (which it is by default), install-bin target tries to remove
files that other targets try to install in parallel which leads to
failure. Can someone tell me what is the need for this?