Re: [Chicken-users] where move-file is?

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] where move-file is?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:36:57 -0500

On Jun 30, 2011, at 8:30 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:

> Maybe Jim can provide a good explanation for the api.call-cc.org path.
> I suppose the Extensions section from the manual is mapped as `eggs' in
> chicken-doc.  I'm not sure.

It's an unfortunate exception.  The pages mapped under "chicken" are either
plain manual pages like "deployment" or "acknowledgements", or alternatively,
describe identifiers you bring in when you (import chicken), like the
"exceptions" and "macros" pages.

However, the "eggs" (Extensions) manpage contains some stuff that is actually
from setup-api.  Normally that stuff would go in "Unit setup-api" and appear in
chicken-doc under the "setup-api" page.  But setup-api is not an official unit,
I guess.  Instead the page just states "procedures for use in setup scripts".

I don't know if there's any desire to change this to make it clearer in the
manual and/or prevent misunderstandings in chicken-doc.

Jim