Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg [SOLVED]

From: John Magolske
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg [SOLVED]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:24:34 -0700

* Imran Rafique <address@hidden> [110405 21:18]:
> John, I may have missed this earlier in the thread (I wear glasses|contacts
> for a reason!!), but did you set CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX ?
>
> export CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/jm/.chicken
> export CHICKEN_REPOSITORY="${CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/chicken/5"
>
> Executables installed by an egg (such as scss2css) would then go under
> $CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin (so you can prepend that to your $PATH, for
> maximum convenience)

Thanks Imran, that solves the issue! The sequence I used is:

% mkdir -p /home/jm/.chicken/lib/chicken/5/
% chicken-install -init /home/jm/.chicken/lib/chicken/5
% export CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/jm/.chicken
% export CHICKEN_REPOSITORY="${CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/chicken/5"
% chicken-install hyde

And the hyde executable installed to /home/jm/.chicken/bin/hyde just
fine (am using it now). I added those two export settings to my zshrc
as well as adding /home/jm/.chicken/bin to my $PATH.

Oh, and I'll read the manpage more closely next time...
CHICKEN-INSTALL(1) says:

    CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX
        An alternative installation prefix that will be prepended
        to extension installation paths if specified.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond,

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact