[Chicken-users] handy inputrc - use chicken as a calculator

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: [Chicken-users] handy inputrc - use chicken as a calculator
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:54:39 -0700

It's a little embarrassing that as long as I've been using Linux I
haven't made better use of my ~/.inputrc.  It can override keymappings
in programs which use libreadline, such as bash.  So I just added this

# Insert command line to quickly eval an empty scheme expression
"\es":"csi -p \"()\"\C-b\C-b"

which will not only insert 'csi -p "()"' but also move the cursor back
between the parentheses, when I press alt-S in a shell.  Seems kindof
useful; of course I might think of a better way later, but I'm tickled
pink so far.  ;-)

Then again it's only useful in bash, but csi can itself use readline.
Maybe there needs to be a push/pop model of some kind - ~/.csirc could
somehow override key bindings when csi is started and then restore
them on exit, and I could define lots of macros, some for the shell
and some for chicken.  (And then have a hard time remembering them
anyhow)  Just a random idea... not urgent enough for me to spend any
time on at this point.