Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem

From: Paul Nelson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme 3 extension dependency problem
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:45:22 -0500

Heya Peter!

Yep, that seems to have done the trick. I guess I missed that step as it was not in my install script. It is now! Oh, and I just realized that I should probably only run that csi command when using qwiki version 1.1. Once the new version of qwiki is installed by aptitude I won't need this step anymore, correct?

As far as I can tell everything seems to be working correctly.

Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'm very happy with the result!

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. I have pushed the changes to my EC2 Spiffy/Qwiki install script to my public github account. The file qwiki_instance.sh can be found here: https://github.com/Pablosan/ec2_create_instance so anyone should be able to use this to get qwiki running in an EC2 instance. Fair warning: it is not very secure as I still need to run spiffy in an account other than root!

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 04:53:41PM -0500, Paul Nelson wrote:
> I should've included this in my last message. :-/ Here you go...

> [Sat Mar 19 21:50:02 2011] "GET
> http://ec2-50-17-97-245.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8080/index HTTP/1.1" Error:
> (put-document)
> Client error: 404 Not Found (the node does not exist)

Looks like something went wrong with your installation process;
the estraier node didn't get created.

I've now added some code to qwiki trunk to fix this, but you don't
want to run that version yet (I'm in the middle of refactoring svn-client
so things might break)

To fix it, just run the following command once from your shell:

$ csi -e '(use estraier-client) (add-node "http://admin:address@hidden:1978" "qwiki")'

After that, everything should work as expected.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx