Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X Installation

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X Installation
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:36:21 -0300

2011/3/3 Andrew Pennebaker <address@hidden>:
> At http://wiki.call-cc.org/platforms#macports, users are instructed to
> install Chicken using MacPorts, then a caveat about a missing dylib file,
> then instructions for installing Chicken using Homebrew.
> Since MacPorts Chicken is broken, why not list the Homebrew option first.
> New schemers (myself included) will do the first option listed, nevermind
> that it's the more problematic one.

Probably just because Homebrew is newer and not many people use it
(compared to MacPorts).

But the homebrew install works fine at the moment (it installs 4.6.0).
I have even added an option to install Chicken from Git head - not
sure it made upstream. It will require a previous Chicken install, as
it is not aware of any bootstrapping requirements.

--Stephen

Sent from my Emacs