[Chicken-users] Re: Building on Windows XP

From: Sayth Renshaw
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: Building on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:45:36 +1100

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Sayth Renshaw <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi

I am having a little diffiiculty building chicken on windows XP SP3.

Been following the directions from here http://wiki.call-cc.org/compiling-chicken-on-windows-xp-with-mingw .

I notice a couple of things, the article refers to chicken's bin directoy, however the chicken 4.6.0 and 4.6.3 source I have downloaded does not have a bin directory, I have two folders manual & tests.

After installing MIngw I ran the code

C:\>mingw32-make PLATFORM=mingw PREFIX=c:/chicken
mingw32-make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

But I cannot seem to get chicken to build even though there are the makefiles in my chicken directory and mingw and c:\chicken is in my path.

Any ideas.

Also tried with the clone from

C:\chicken>git clone git://code.call-cc.org/chicken-core
Cloning into chicken-core...

But still same error.