Re: [Chicken-users] llvm-gcc / clang

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] llvm-gcc / clang
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:16:21 +0100

2010/12/1 Felix <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> Oh, and clang gave me stupid warnings that where actually wrong
> (an "x == x" comparison of floats to detect NaN, which is IMHO
> totally correct, triggers a warning - but I'm sure John can give
> us the correct interpretation of the standard C semantics).
> [...]

Hello Felix,

what about using

  #include <math.h>
  [...]
  if (isnan(x)) ...

or maybe

  [...]
  if (fpclassify(x) == FP_NAN) ...

instead of a comparison? I would expect the compiler to inline these
calls and produce equally efficient code as for a comparison operation
and it might be a bit more portable to do it this way.

Ciao,
Thomas