[Chicken-users] Procedures in the `read' series shadowed by GNU readline

From: Yi DAI
Subject: [Chicken-users] Procedures in the `read' series shadowed by GNU readline
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:46:28 +0200

Hi,

I just found that procedures in the `read' series, like `read', `read-line', etc do not work in the interactive repl if I make use of the GNU readline egg. When I try to `(read)', it does not wait for my input any more instead directly jump to a new prompt as if I enter nothing.  Below is my .csirc

(use readline regex datatype matchable)
(current-input-port (make-gnu-readline-port))
(gnu-history-install-file-manager
  (string-append (or (getenv "HOME") ".") "/.csi.history"))

But if I do not use readline (also comment the last two line of gnu-stuff), it works fine. I am currently using 4.6.0 on Archlinux.

Best regards,

--
DAI Yi
(代 毅)