I'm starting using chicken4 (Re: [Chicken-users] 4.6.1 performance boost

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: I'm starting using chicken4 (Re: [Chicken-users] 4.6.1 performance boost
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 00:25:52 +0900

Hi,

I've been using chicken-3.[24].0 for years, but
Mario's email encouraged me to move my project to chicken4.

I was heavily using the http egg in chicken3, which is
incompatible with chicken4.

In chicken3/http-server, I did something like:
(http:request-method-handler 'GET (lambda (req) ...
This is converted like the following in chicken4/spiffy.
(define (my-request-handler)
  (let* ([req (current-request)]
         [method (request-method req)])
    (case method
      ((GET) (lambda (req) ...)
      ((POST) (lambda (req) ...)
(vhost-map `((".*" .
              ,(lambda (continue)
                 (my-request-handler)))))

I found one problem and filed ticket #401.

Porting my code from chicken3/http-client to chicken4/http-client
was fairly easy, except that I have to give up the proxy support.
So, Peter, my huge request is the proxy support.

There were many tiny things for porting my code, such as dealing
with the fancy uri-common egg and string-match -> string-search.

Anyway it's nice to have it working, and
I would like thank everyone contributing to chicken4!

Best,
Daishi