Re: [Chicken-users] If anyone wants an RPM version of Chicken Scheme

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] If anyone wants an RPM version of Chicken Scheme
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:53:12 -0500

Mixing works fine on Debian, on 64-bit Debian /usr/lib contains the native libraries and lib64 is a symlink to /usr/lib, with lib32/ being a separate directory. This allows apps that expect plain /usr/lib to work normally.

What I'm not clear on is why this is requires a patch in the first place. You specified LIBDIR=/usr/lib64 in your .spec file, as far as I know this should dump all library files into /usr/lib64 not /usr/ lib, and if it doesn't maybe there is a bug in the makefile? Can you clarify what happens when you build with LIBDIR=/usr/lib64 (after a make distclean of course).