Re: [Chicken-users] Is there interest in a new egg (fast-io)?

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is there interest in a new egg (fast-io)?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 11:24:20 -0300

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 09:04:47PM -0700, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Implemented and tested:
> > - write-fixnum, read-fixnum
> > - write-flonum, read-flonum
>
> For those I have been making good use of the endian-port egg (not
> released for chicken 4 yet though); I wonder how the benchmarks would
> turn out, but the implementation seems like it should be fast.  Sounds
> like you have some unique ideas for strings though.

I'll work on the string stuff soon.  I won't write full lexers, but
those functions should at least help a bit when parsing simple files.
:-)

I don't have Chicken 3 installed, so I can't compare performance.

Anyway, I've uploaded it here if you'd like to give it a try:

http://aleph0.info/fast-io.tar.gz

J.