Re: [Chicken-users] lazy-ffi: what am I missing?

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] lazy-ffi: what am I missing?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:17:25 -0300

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 01:51:42PM -0400, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:06:29 -0300 Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > $ csc -X lazy-ffi.scm thing.scm
> >
> > (Do I really need to include the lazy-ffi source when compiling?)
>
> According to the wiki docs, yes:
>
>     To use this extension in compiled code, invoke the compiler with
>     -extension lazy-ffi. This is necessary because the extension defines
>     a special read-syntax which has to be registered before the source
>     code is read in. This is not required for interpreted code.

Ok, I understand. But does it need to load the *source* of the
extension? I thought csc would be able to load the extension
(the shared library) before compiling.
(It would be more convenient than having to give the full path of the
egg when compiling)

BTW, you mentioned a "-extension" flag; I suppose you meant "-extend"?

-X -extend FILENAME            load file before compilation commences

J.