Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-wiki problem with security certificate

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-wiki problem with security certificate
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:08:04 -0500

Nick Keighley scripsit:

> When I edit the chicken wiki I get dire warnings about incorrect
> security certificates. I'm using Explorer and Windows Vista. Is
> there a problem with the chicken-wiki site or something wrong with
> windows/explorer/my setup?

Basically it's because the Web server uses a self-signed certificate
rather than one signed by a recognized certification authority.  These
"authorities" are self-appointed and basically do zero investigation
of the people who sign up with them ("You got $$$?  Sure you can be
'Nick Keighley'!").  It's not really a problem.

> I basically have to tell explorer to access the page anyway and
> disregard all the warnings about the horrors that will befall me for
> doing this.

Yes.

--
The man that wanders far                        address@hidden