Re: [Chicken-users] Which eggs to migrate from Chicken 3 first?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Which eggs to migrate from Chicken 3 first?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:11:36 +0200

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:11:12PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> I have excluded all eggs shown in the current Chicken 4 egg list, as
> well as syntax-case.

[..eggs about which I have absolutely no say omitted..]

>      52 eggdoc

I believe this was ported yesterday.

>      36 uri

This could be deprecated in favor of uri-common/uri-generic.
I don't see a big problem with them existing together, but if possible
please use these.  They have a much bigger testsuite and are probably
much more compliant to the RFC.

>      24 url

This egg was already marked 'Unsupported or redundant' in
Eggs Unlimited 3.  We should take this opportunity to put it down for good.

>      17 http

Should be deprecated in favor of intarweb.

>       6 sendfile

This was already ported...

>       5 utf8

This was already ported...

>       4 tcp-server

>       3 sxml-tools

Already ported, as the "sxpath" egg.  Other parts of the sxml-tools
that should be made available for Chicken should be put in other eggs,
since sxml-tools is many things all rolled into one.  It's better to
separate the bloat a bit.

Cheers,
Peter
--