Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4 on Windows

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4 on Windows
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:46:15 -0700

On Apr 15, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Jordan Cooper wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to get chicken working on Windows for those occasions when I
have to use it -- without having to use Cygwin, if possible. But so
far that's the only way I've been able to build it; my attempts with
mingw and/or msys haven't been successful.

Currently I've been using a precompiled binary I found of chicken 3.4,
but using older versions of stuff is bad for my OCD.

So, my questions:

1) Has anyone been able to build chicken 4 on Windows XP without Cygwin?

Yes, mingw-msys.

2) If so, are there any more detailed instructions/troubleshooting
around than the readme?

Sorry, since I haven't had any trouble there has been nothing to shoot.

Thanks!

--Newbie to Scheme