Re: UTF8 crashes http-server (was Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy is crashing

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: UTF8 crashes http-server (was Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy is crashing)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:55:15 +0200

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 02:09:12PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> FWIW, I traced the problem to http-server.  Even the simple example on
> the wiki breaks when utf8 is loaded.  I will look deeper into this
> tonight (at work right now...), but I mention this in case anyone is
> reading along and wants to look at it.

The problem is in UTF8's string-search-positions procedure:

#;1> (use regex)
#;2> (string-search-positions "a" "b" 0)
#f
#;3> (use utf8)
#;4> (string-search-positions "a" "b" 0)
((-1 -1))

It's the -1 that's unexpected, since it's not a valid string index,
so trying to do anything with that causes it to fail big time.
It should just return #f on non-matching stuff.  Still not sure what
exactly causes this, though.

Cheers,
Peter
--