Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki (early) spring cleaning!

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki (early) spring cleaning!
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:20:24 +0000

On 28 Feb 2009, at 7:48 pm, Peter Bex wrote:

Implementing this would mean two things are required: first, moving
the
egg docs to the directory.  This is very simple and of course I'm
willing to do this.

This sounds eminently wise.

In any case, if you type in chicken.wiki.br/<eggname>, I think it
should
forward to the egg page even if the egg does not export a symbol of
that name (it _does_ export a module name of that name, usually,
which is apparently not searched either).  This should then be added
to the 404 behaviour of the wiki.

Likewise wise!

So, what do you think?  Is this a good idea, or am I overlooking
anything important?  Will it break stuff horribly?

I suspect the only way to answer that will be to go some kind of grep
for references between pages. How many direct references to the egg
pages are there, other than Eggs Unlimited which would of course be
regenerated to show the new refs?

I very much doubt there's anything that will break that doesn't need
some attention anyway... but it'd be good to know :-)

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
Work: http://www.snell-systems.co.uk/