Re: [Chicken-users] Optimal C

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Optimal C
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:02:01 -0500

Rick R scripsit:

> Something like Stalin, which has reduced need for GC is currently my
> best hope for converting to a ref counting scheme. I'll ask around on
> comp.lang.functional.

There is also Pre-Scheme, which compiles directly to C, imposes four
restrictions (Hindley-Milner static typing, no GC, limited tail-recursion,
and no call/cc).  It's used to implement the kernel of Scheme48.

You can grab the paper at http://mumble.net/~kelsey/papers/prescheme.ps.gz .
Download and build Scheme48 from http://scheme48.org and the
Pre-Scheme compiler is available.

--