Re: [Chicken-users] freetype egg still being developed?

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] freetype egg still being developed?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:21:52 -0700

Alex Shinn wrote:

Like the subject says ... the latest version of freetype in the main
egg repo is 0.1. Has Alex, or anyone, done anything beyond that? I am
going to need a significant increase in functionality in order to
implement font embedding for the PDF egg I am working on.

What other functionality do you need?

The main thing that I *know about* at the moment is that I need access to metrics without loading the glyphs, which for TrueType and OpenType fonts means accessing the OS/2 table. But I suspect there will be more.

I should mention that I have a very ambitious project in mind, which entails support for complex documents in arbitrary (human) languages, including, especially, CJKV ... so it will be important to avoid any unnecessary glyph loading.

--
Matt Gushee