Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in canonical-path?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in canonical-path?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:23:39 -0400

Elf scripsit:

> >In Windows,
> >\ and / are interchangeable in system calls, although the command shell,
> >the desktop, and other file windows and dialogue boxes don't accept \
> >but only /.

I should have said "don't accept / but only \", of course.

> this is not strictly true; during installation of files (eg for
> chicken-setup) some calls are done through the command shell.

In which case the code should be specialized for that purpose.

> the / notation has certain other concerns as well, mostly involving
> drive letter.

Well, yes: a path beginning [A-Za-z]:[/\\] is absolute on Windows but
not on Unix.  That too is a special case.

--
John Cowan              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      address@hidden
"After all, would you consider a man without honor wealthy, even if his