Re: [Chicken-users] fix for multiple entries in ##sys#timeout-list

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] fix for multiple entries in ##sys#timeout-list
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:14:03 +0200

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The current trunk still leaves threads in the ##sys#timeout-list when a
> thread-join! joins successfully and the timeout is not reached.
>
> No test case, take my word for it please.  I've seen them in the thread
> listing and I've seen the joining thread getting unblocked by the left
> over timeout when it did not expect to be unblocked at all.

I'll check this - please give a moment. Are you sure you are not
mixing up threads in "thread-join!"? You remove the current thread
from the timeout-list, which should already be removed by having
status dead/terminated. What am I missing here? (I obviously am,
as I fully believe you, when you say threads are left on the timeout
list. I just want to understand why)