Re: [Chicken-users] egg announcement: remote-repl

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg announcement: remote-repl
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:

There are IMHO more important things we should concentrate on.  There's
still

where did this come from?  did you cut off what you wre responding to?

a) a broken SRFI-34 egg - something easily ignored

easily ignorable, as we have srfi-12, and thats not going to be changing.

b) a race condition in the scheduler (which's fix I meanwhile fixed wrt.
to multiple threads waiting for the same fd, though I would not expect
that to ever happen; but I got tired of reposting) - this one definately
needs to be handled by the scheduler; it's impossible to overwrite the
relevant part (at least if the doc's are right [hint]) and absolutely
necessary if you don't want your progs run havoc when a fd becomes
invalid for whatever reason.

its not a race condition and your code did not accomplish anything useful.
errors of the type you mentioned are already handled, correctly, in the part
of the code that you ripped out and put something nonsensical in its place.

c) Sometimes I get my app eating all memory just after a fork and before
I come to process-execute.  Since I disabled interrupts in this section
already, I'm sort of lost.  If someone had an idea what the hell that
one could possibly be...

given that ive never seen of these apps that you are making, its a bit difficult to say, really.