Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup
Date: 15 Jul 2008 09:54:30 -0300

Hi folks,

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:46:33 +0200 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> An interesting question is where to get the meta-information. I
> think a good approach would be to have it locally, but not including
> the build-instructions. An "update" command (to chicken-setup or in
> whatever manner) could update the local tree with meta-information
> from a central location.

Maybe we can do this automagically.  We can keep a hash (e.g., md5,
sha) of the repository metadata file.  chicken-setup always downloads
the hash file (which is small) and compares with the local copy.  If
the remote and local hashes are different, chicken-setup fetches the
remote (most recent) repository metadata file and its hash.  If the
remote and the local hash are the same, chicken-setup uses the local
metadata file.

Best wishes,
Mario