Re: Chicken-setup redesign (was: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: getopt, getopt_

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: Chicken-setup redesign (was: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: getopt, getopt_long?)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:18:33 -0700

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Elf <address@hidden> wrote:
>  however,
> much of the actual compilation is *not* duplication, as extra bits like
> linked libraries need to be specified.  i can draft a proposal for how to

Good point (my own eggs even do that).  But it still maybe wouldn't
have to be a complete, exact, brittle command for compiling, and there
are many eggs that don't need to link libraries too.

> fix things based on my own experiences both with the repo and with
> chicken-setup, if people are interested.

Sounds good.

That reminds me of a dumb question I didn't get around to asking yet -
you can run chicken-setup in a way to compile an egg in-place in the
current directory while you are developing it, right?  rather than
having to completely package it first, and without having to install
it in its final location?  I've been writing Makefiles for that, but
figured there must be another way.