[Chicken-users] my first chicken 4 modules ;)

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: [Chicken-users] my first chicken 4 modules ;)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 23:02:23 -0600

Attached are my first stabs at working with Chicken 4.

foreign-records.egg provides define-foreign-record-type, which is really
similar to define-foreign-record, but requires the user to specify the accessor
and modifier names--just like define-record-type.

hostinfo.egg is a port of hostinfo to the chicken 4 module system as it
currently stands.  It requires foreign-records.  chicken-setup installs both
fine; however, you will need to rebuild the hygienic branch with itself
for chicken-setup to work.

All in all, pretty straightforward--only real trouble I had was figuring out
how to import define-record-type into a module (answer: (import chicken)).

Oh, I also patched define-record-printer in the hygienic branch, so you might
need to svn up.