Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone up for porting Termite to Chicken?

From: Leonardo Valeri Manera
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone up for porting Termite to Chicken?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:33:20 +0200

2008/5/20 Ivan Raikov <address@hidden>:

>  Ok, can you show a Termite example that cannot be implemented with MPI?

I'm sure its possble to implement most if not all, but, termite
provides those parts of the erlang model which make the
message-passing model interesting already, without needing to
implement them manually.

There's more to the erlang model than just using a good
message-passing library - I'm talking of things like process migration

Plus of course there's that licensing thing that means if I wanted to
use MPI i would have to roll my own chicken binding to it :)

Cheers,
Leo