Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken OSless

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken OSless
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:06:42 +0200

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM, John Van Enk <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm curious whether or not there's been work on running Chicken's binaries
> on a OSless piece of hardware. I've been trying to convince my boss that it
> would be worth while investigating dynamic languages for embedded systems.

I think this should generally be possible. You would have to reimplement
a bunch of libc functions, though (there are a number of macros in chicken.h
that are use to abstract that stuff). If you have a C compiler for a particular
platform, then chicken-generated code should be able to run, provided
the runtime support exists.