Re: [Chicken-users] Re: srfi-18 and dynamic wind problem

From: Hans Bulfone
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: srfi-18 and dynamic wind problem
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:15:40 +0200

hi,

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 08:56:21PM -0600, Jim Ursetto wrote:

> I have updated my copy of the sqlite3 egg to catch any exceptions
> that occur within the body of the dynamic-wind and resignal them
> in the after clause.  I'll most likely commit this change along
> with some other stuff relating to busy handlers.

i'd rather not do that ... imho it's kind of a dirty hack.
i'd find it better to just document that one has to use an exception
handler that unwinds the dynamic-wind stack to ensure that everything
is properly released.

and i'd find it even better if we could change the behaviour of the
default exception handler to unwind the dynamic-wind stack before
exiting or terminating the thread.  i think it's a more useful default
behaviour... but i don't know if it's easily doable...

just my 2 cents...
hans.