Re: [Chicken-users] Patch to add Sony PSP support

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Patch to add Sony PSP support
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:31:52 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:16 AM, Adam King <address@hidden> wrote:

>   I needed to add a scheme compiler/interpreter to a psp project I'm
>  working on, and after trying a few, Chicken seemed to offer the best
>  set of features I was looking for.  So, I've attached a patch against
>  the latest svn version to add psp support.  It makes a few minor
>  changes to some scm files and adds a new posixpsp.scm file (which is
>  mostly a copy of posixunix.scm for now.  The free, open source psp dev
>  toolkit ( http://pspdev.org ) is mostly posix compatible - though I'll
>  need to add some psp specific stuff).   To test it, I compiled
>  r4rstest.scm as embedded and included it in a simple psp specific
>  main.c(attached), the output of which I've also attached for anyone
>  curious (it ran directly on my psp through psplink).   It is cross
>  compiled under gentoo linux.

Hey, cool! Looks very good. Would it be possible to reuse posixunix.scm
(probably using some cond-expand's to conditionally compile certain
sections), or are the differences so large that a separate posix*.scm
is required?

A few more suggestions:

- don't use "//" style comments
- add "psp" to C_software_type (generally whatever is right
  for software-type, machine-type, build-platform, etc.)