Re: [Chicken-users] macroexpansion and csc

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] macroexpansion and csc
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:38:53 +0100

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 3:21 AM, Hans Bulfone <address@hidden> wrote:

> > (eval-when (compile eval load) (use srfi-13))
>  >

>  aren't require-extension and use the same?
>  at least on my machine (still with 2.732) both versions work.
>  the (declare (uses srfi-13)) seems to cause the error, but i don't
>  understand why.

The declare marks srfi-13 as being a used unit and registers
this internally to the compiler. Unfortunately, require-extension
(aka "use") takes that as a hint that srfi-13 is already available
(this is to make things like "(require-extension srfi-0)" work,
for example: srfi-0 is a builtin feature). One could say
"require-extension" is trying to be a bit too clever...