Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:47:24 -0400

Tobia Conforto scripsit:

> So they're ditching {"byte", u"unicode"} strings in favor of {b"byte",
> "unicode"} ones?  What are they ditching exactly?  It seems to me
> they're just switching the default.

Maybe so, but the word "just" is probably not appropriate, as switching
defaults has a huge knock-on effect on systems that expect strings to
be bytes.  That said, my understanding of the Python software ecology
is not deep.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
The whole of Gaul is quartered into three halves.