Re: [Chicken-users] Proposed egg-post-commit changes.

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Proposed egg-post-commit changes.
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:14:10 +0100

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Robin Lee Powell
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  These are totally untested, because I tried to get
>  egg-post-commit to work on my system and it just kept getting more
>  and more scary/baroque, and eventually I gave up.

For this reason (and because egg-post-commit changes files
on the server), I recommend to everybody not to run egg-post-commit
on your own machines. It should only be run via the automatic
scripts on galinha or by developers who know exactly what they
are doing. It's easy to mess up the repository file and the
egg repository by experimenting with egg-post-commit with
the result that users world-wide will get problems.

That egg-post-commit is an egg is just to handle the considerable
dependencies.