Re: [Chicken-users] Bug report: low-level macros vs. variables in csi

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bug report: low-level macros vs. variables in csi
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:47:11 -0400

Felix Winkelmann scripsit:

> > Proposed course of action: have the interpreter check whether an
> > identifier is the name of a macro and signal an error rather than using
> > any existing definition.
>
> No, bad idea.

Okay, how about a sentence saying why it's bad?  I'd like to put this
on the wiki somewhere, so other people don't fall into the same trap.

> The current behaviour is IMHO acceptable considering the
> use of low-level macros. More consistent and cleaner semantics can be
> achieved with a more powerful macro expander.

That's certainly true.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are