Re: [Chicken-users] google summer of code

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] google summer of code
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 09:31:34 +0900

1) Port PLT Redex to Chicken, to support the design of term rewriting
systems without those code walk hacks. Chicken redex would allow for
the following cool projects to be ported from PLT to Chicken:

   1.1)  Typed Scheme
   1.2)  The gradually typed lambda calculus of Siek and Taha and Herman, Tomb,
and Flanagan.
   1.3)  The lambda-sigma calculus of Abadi, Cardelli, Curien, and Lévy.

2) Port (parts of) the Java CIlib library to Chicken. CIlib is a
library for "computational intelligence" -- things like neural
networks, evolutionary algorithms.

3) Implement a variant of CLOT (Common Lisp plotting program) for
Chicken.

4) Create Chicken bindings to the detect library (hardware detection).

5) Investigate the use of the dyncall library for dynamic function
call dispatch mechanisms.

6) Implement some flow-analysis for a subset of Scheme that is easy
enough for a summer project.