Re: [Chicken-users] Error building universal on 10.5

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error building universal on 10.5
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:27:38 -0701

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 08:01:58PM -0500, Greg wrote:
> Thanks!  That fixed it.  Shouldn't this then be added to the OS X
> Makefile?  I don't know if any of chicken's maintainers read this
> list...

Setting this variable in the Makefile seems to me to be a bit
fragile.  I imagine there would be some people trying to build on an
old version of OSX, or of course trying to build on future version
of OSX.

I don't really have a concrete solution to offer, however.  Doing a
quick bit of research finds this technical note:

  http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2064.html

Which describes what is going on with this variable.

-Alan