Re: [Chicken-users] DBI

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] DBI
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:37:13 -0500

Peter Bex scripsit:

> That sounds rather brittle.  Afaik "void" is defined as "no value".

On Chicken, which is what we are talking about, it's a specific immediate
value, like #t, #f, or ().  A number of eggs already depend on this;
for example, it's the Chicken equivalent of Lua's nil, and is used
for SQL NULL on some but not all existing database eggs.

> One possible and plausible implementation of VOID is this:
>
> (define (void) (values))

That happens to deliver the void value on Chicken as well; on some
Schemes it's an error (attempt to deliver other than one value to a
"normal" continuation).

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic