Re: [Chicken-users] What's the current version of eggs?

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] What's the current version of eggs?
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 05:10:13 -0800

> > Not all eggs have externally visible version information (only the
> > "tagged" eggs), so this is currently not available. You can fetch
> > the repository file to get at least timestamps:
>
> Surely you are kidding here?

By which I mean...

Didn't we have a nice working system in which all eggs had version
numbers?  Wasn't it always possible to get version numbers from the
eggs in the HTML page at call/cc.org/eggs?

When did we decide to remove the idea of requiring releases to be made
of eggs, associating particular version numbers to identify them, as
described here

  http://chicken.wiki.br/eggs%20tutorial#directory-structure

?

If we're going to now use timestamps instead of version numbers, does
that mean we shouldn't really bother making releases at all, and
should start considering trunk/ as "the currently released code"
instead of the (usual) "the code we're working on to eventually
release"?

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/