[Chicken-users] Benchmark game: binary-trees

From: Mark Fredrickson
Subject: [Chicken-users] Benchmark game: binary-trees
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:05:06 -0600

Hi Isaac,

I'm bothering you because I'm under the impression you are an insider at the PL benchmark game. If I'm wrong, feel free to disregard.

Can you comment on why Chicken's binary tree implementation is listed as "no program"

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4sandbox/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=chicken&lang2=chicken

but we clearly have a program:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4sandbox/benchmark.php?test=binarytrees&lang=chicken

There was a theory that Chicken's implementation was considered "alternate" for some reason, though it's basis for Bigloo and Ikarus's implementations.

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/sandbox/benchmark.php?test=binarytrees&lang=bigloo&id=0

From the looks of it, Mzscheme is in the same boat.

Thanks for any info you can provide,
-Mark