Re: [Chicken-users] MSVC makefile and patches

From: Ashley
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] MSVC makefile and patches
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:44:58 -0500

John Cowan wrote:
Ashley scripsit:

Attached is a patch (which hopefully the list software allows)
with a makefile and some related mods for building chicken with
Visual C.  This is a gnu makefile and is integrated with the
regular build system, so you'll need cygwin or something similar
to do the build.

"Or something similar", as in msys?  Or should this be called
cygwin-cross-msvc just for truth in advertising?

I think it's important to find out whether the installation
can run on msys.
The build runs on msys with no problems.  Tomorrow I plan to add
a setup for cmd.exe, so a user only needs to have gnu make installed
to build chicken for visual c.  That seems like a pretty low barrier
for windows users.

ashley