Re: [Chicken-users] Consultants available?

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Consultants available?
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:43:40 -0700

Someone gently pointed out that knowing what the project entails might be
helpful. Here is some background:

The project, www.kiatoa.com, currently broken and offline, is yet another
blog/slashdot/online society/craigslist combo site with a few unique (I
think) twists. This is the chicken rewrite of the original problematic
ruby/IOWA code. BTW, I tried Ruby on Rails and found it was not for me.

The project is built with chicken, Postgresql and a little HTML/CSS. The SQL
is separated MVC style from the view and control. I had considered
attempting to separate out the core code as an egg but I think there are
now better solutions available as chicken eggs.

My thought is that I will work on the SQL/Models and get help on the
control/view side. I'm not particularly rigorous about keeping the three
arenas separated. If a little control leaks into the model because it saves
an hour of coding that is fine by me.

I'm not a professional programmer so it is all written in a simple subset of
scheme, no macros, no call/cc etc.

I have a internet accessible host for working on or the entire stack can be
installed on any Linux system. It runs fine for example on colinux.

Hopefully that is more detail than anyone would want!

Thanks for reading.

Matt