Re: [Chicken-users] documentation issues...

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] documentation issues...
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 03:55:34 -0800

> All the above is related to using a browser which is not suited to
> the task.  Use a light-weight browser that embeds a real editor like
> vim or emacs or use firefox with the right plugin like
> ViewWithSource.  I hated Wikis before I found these two solutions.

I don't think this addresses all the problems that most wikis have for
strong-editing: the fact that you can't edit your documents offline
(ie. you have to get online to load the edit page or preview your
changes) and the fact that browsers are prone to crash and make you
lose hours of work.

I prefer using a real editor outside of Firefox or other browsers.
Which, as I said in the other message I sent to the list, is what lead
me to create Svnwiki in first place.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/